Thursday, July 21, 2005

Darna and Gloria

I bought my four-year-old niece a pair of black Barbie boots today. She's delighted, of course. She's been shouting "Darna!" the whole afternoon, her black boots on, assuming the "Darna" fighting stance. Terrific child.


At least for the whole afternoon, she took my mind off the many sordid things that are happening to my country. Foremost, of course, is the election-tampering scandal faced by my president, Gloria Macapagal Arroyo. Yesterday, she said she would form a "truth commission" to look into the allegations leveled against her. My first reaction upon hearing this was, "Hello!?" She's the accused and she's forming the body that will investigate her?

She's totally lost all credibility and I wouldn't be surprised if she's booted out in the next month or so.

Anyway, aside from former senator John Osmena's charge that Arroyo cheated in the Visayas in the last election, I also learned from a very reliable source (a legislator, in fact) that a witness will come out in the Senate soon who will directly link Arroyo to jueteng. The story goes that, sometime before the election, Arroyo -- right inside her La Vista home -- doled out jueteng money to be used for cheating in the 2004 elections.

2 Comments:

At 2/24/2013 7:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm it аppeаrѕ liκe youг sіte аte
my first comment (it was еxtremely long) so I gueѕs I'll just sum it up what I submitted and say, I'm thoroughly enϳοying уour
blog. I as wеll am an аѕpіring blog bloggеr but I'm still new to the whole thing. Do you have any points for rookie blog writers? I'd definitely apprеciate it.



Take a lοok at my webpage :: Tens Units

 
At 2/28/2013 7:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's hard to come by knowledgeable people for this subject, however, you seem like you know what you're tаlking about!
Thanks

Here iѕ my рage; taxi service in irving tx

 

Post a Comment

<< Home