Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Garci's letter to Gloria

In today's Inquirer, columnist Neal Cruz printed a letter from Virgilio Garcillano to President Gloria Macapagal Arroyo, in which Garcillano practically pleads for his appointment as Comelec commissioner. Cruz said the letter was received by Malacanang on Nov. 28, 2003.

Read and weep:

"I hope I am not taxing your patience for repeatedly reminding you of my application for the position of Commissioner of the Commission on Elections. Although you have given me the hope of being appointed to that exalted position in case of vacancy, I still feel the need to remind you of my desire.

"On February 2, 2004, two of the incumbent Commissioners are retiring, namely Honorable Commissioners Ralph C. Lantion and Luzviminda G. Tancangco. Since February is only two months away, I am taking the liberty of appealing to Your Excellency to consider me for the said position. You are very busy and my name might escape your memory. Please allow me to refresh your memory about me.

"I am Atty. Virgilio O. Garcillano, the former Regional Election Director of Region 10, based in Cagayan de Oro City. I was one of those whom the First Gentleman approached when Your Excellency ran for Senator. I also had the pleasure of serving your party when Your Excellency requested me to monitor and/or protect the votes of the Lakas-NUCD Senatorial Candidates in Mindanao during the 2001 Election. After that election, Your Excellency generously shared your time and honored us with a dinner in the Palace. It was then that Your Excellency mentioned for the first time Your Honor's intention to make me one of the Commissioners.

"Appointment to that exalted position is literally like passing through the eye of the needle. I had been waiting for this opportunity. It is Your Excellency's imprimatur -- Your final decision -- that would relieve me of the agony of waiting for the appointment, Madam President.

"If given the opportunity, I will not put Your Excellency down.... "

4 Comments:

At 8/03/2005 4:54 PM, Anonymous sunder said...

jesus christ, talk about groveling for a position, is that what it has come to, but then again, why am i asking such a silly question,

the contents of the letter are enough to make you puke,

 
At 8/04/2005 3:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't puke on it, you can use it as a reference when you want to write a letter to your boss requesting for a raise or promotion.

It was elegantly written,respectful, strait to the point and he stated facts and backed it up with information.

That's one hell of a good structured letter that can get a positive response. (yung pag kakagawa sa letter ha hindi ung content yung content nakakasuka talaga... :-))

 
At 8/06/2005 7:11 AM, Anonymous sunder said...

thanks, but no thanks, i dont work for anyone, nor do i plan to do so for the rest of my retirable life,

thank god, i have made my pile, without kowtowing to anyone, all through hard work

and if anyone dares to write me such a letter i would throw it, the contents of the letter, belie the real intentions of the writer, and i will not let such an individual ruin my character.

 
At 3/15/2007 5:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great site »

 

Post a Comment

<< Home